At HLB Mann Judd, our vision is to be the most highly regarded integrated Advisory and Accounting firm through the growth of our people and of our clients. We deliver a wide range of Advisory and financial services in addition to audit, accounting, and taxation services to private and publicly listed companies, family businesses, not for profit organisations and individuals.
For the eighth consecutive year HLB Mann Judd has been voted ‘Best Accounting & Consulting Firm (revenue $50 – 200 million)’ in the Financial Review Client Choice Awards. Since 2017 our clients have scored us 9 out of 10 for exceptional client service. These awards are testament to our great people building long-standing relationships with our clients and understanding their needs.
With 180 staff and 15 Partners, our size and structure means that you will be part of a diverse and inclusive team which promotes and supports leadership, personal and professional growth.
We are seeking an experienced Assistant Manager to manage a portfolio of clients and co-manage the private tax team within the Accounting & Tax Division.
Reporting to the Accounting & Tax Partners, your key responsibilities will include:
* Control and run assigned engagements and ensure the successful completion of concurrent assignments by utilising technical competence and required resources.
* Attending to overall client engagement including tax compliance services to a portfolio of the firm’s pivate tax clients
* Reviewing of tax provision calculations for audit clients
* Co-managing the private tax team, providing direction and training to junior team members, including conducting regular team meetings
* Acting as a mentor/coaching manager, conducting appraisals, goal review and goal setting etc
The ideal candidate will have:
* Experience in a similar role, ideally within a Big 4 or mid-tier accounting firm
* Relevant degree and CA/CPA qualified
* Proven private tax experience with relevant technical knowledge
* Clear and articulate communication skills
* Demonstrated organisational skills, analytical skills and attention to detail
* Excellent staff management and development skills
What we offer:
Our culture reflects our dedication to training & development, career opportunities and employee & life wellbeing. Some of our benefits include:
* Convenient office location near Wynyard station
* A comprehensive wellbeing program including access to our EAP, discounted health insurance, lunchtime sports teams, subsidised yoga and bootcamp exercise sessions, flu shots and health screens.
* Paid parental leave and purchased leave option
* Client and employee referral bonus and service awards
* Social functions – both virtual and in person
* CSR and Volunteering opportunities
At HLB Mann Judd, our values reflect the culture of our firm. Our exceptional people are experts at what they do. We have invested in the best people and have robust tools and processes to support them so they can provide value to you.
To apply please forward your CV to our HR Manager Rae Barrow,
Please note the successful applicant will be required to undertake a National Police Check as part of our reference checking process.