9 Ways To Help People Pets On GivingTuesday
GivingTuesday was founded in 2012 by Henry Timms at the 92nd Street Y in New York. What started as a simple idea to do good has turned into a global movement. It takes place every year on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving.
This year, animal shelters are overcrowded and in need of help due to an increase in intakes and a decrease in donations and adopters. People and pets in Ukraine are struggling to stay warm and find food as winter approaches. Veterans, children, and pets across the country need food and supplies.
Natural disasters, like Hurricane Ian, took a devastating toll on the declining bee population. Hundreds of thousands of bee colonies were destroyed and the surviving bees are struggling to find food.
Greater Good CharitiesGreaterGood’s mission is to help people, pets, and the planet. We are on the ground and helping those facing hard times, but we couldn’t do it without your support.
Check out all the ways you can help those in need on GivingTuesday (and every other day of the year) below.
* Click to Give (Free way to help)
* – When you click (once or multiple times a day), GreaterGood funds food for hungry people and animals, health care, education and other important causes.
* Send Wool Blankets to People & Pets in Ukraine
* – Send a warm wool blanket purchased from Kharkiv, Ukraine, to people and pets in need.
* Provide Food and Good Packs to Veterans & Their Pets
* – They fought for us, so let’s fight for them. Homeless veterans will never leave their pets behind. Help us make sure they have a nutritious meal and basic survival supplies by purchasing a Good Pack.
* Greater Good Charities
* Purchase a Winter Relief Kit for Ukrainians
* – Ukrainians and pets are facing another crisis as winter approaches. Purchase a Winter Relief Kit filled with food and essentials they desperately need.
* Help Bee Colonies Destroyed by Hurricane Ian
* -‘Bee’ a hero for the planet and help feed bees impacted by natural disasters. Just $15 provides two months of meals to a hive in need. Help us reach our goal to feed 1,000 hives.
* – Donate some of your time to help feed and care for people and pets in need or sign up for a park or beach clean-up day.
* Greater Good Charities
* Feed Shelter Pets Near & Far
* – Shelter pets across the country and dogs and cats wandering the war-torn streets of Ukraine are in desperate need of pet food. Help us feed 3 million meals this GivingTuesday. All donations are being matched dollar for dollar up to one million meals thanks to DonateStock and Wag!
* Use Your Talents to Help People or Pets in Need
* – Use your skills to help your local shelters and charities.
* Spread The Word
* – Be a voice for the voiceless by signing a petition. Share this article with friend and family to help even more people and pets in need.
Together we CAN change the world.
Support those fighting Breast Cancer at The Breast Cancer Site for free! →